Re: Status update

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 04:32:11PM -0700, Aaron D. Turner wrote:
> that I don't think we can't overcome, but getting our name recognition is
> important.  The longer we wait, the more intrenched the others become.

I agree here with some things, but in this case I don't.  Let me ask you this,
do you use any of those other "kb's"?  Do you know anyone who does?  Yes, a
couple people do, but they aren't good enough to be "killer".  It's like
xpaint, it was around earlier than gimp, but gimp destroyed it
popularity-wise.  Their "kb's" quite frankly suck.  They just aren't any more
useful than using the resources yourself.  We aren't just building a search
engine around existing content, we are creating a new open source
architecture for the creation of help content.  This is where we are totally
different than the rest.  It's like the difference between wired magazine
online and slashdot.org.

--
Daniel E. Markle