Re: "Linux Knowledge Base"

> have a problem.  While we own "linuxkb" the domain (com, net, org) we
> don't own "Linux Knowledge Base".  He got there first.

Crap.  Did he trademark it or something, or is it just *understood* that
it's his?

> 1) We sell linuxkb.{org|com|net} to cheek.com and register a new domain
> like linuxsupport or linuxinfo or something.  We'd sell linuxkb so we can

I agree with Jason that we should keep linuxkb.  It's a GREAT name, and
we got to it first.  We probably had the idea before he did anyway.  He
just whipped something together and announced it first.

> pay to register the new domain.  From Jason's email, it sounds like cheek
> would be willing to buy it from us at cost.  We'd rename our site to
> something else.

Heck, we could probably get 5 times cost for it.  But that's a tactic
for greedy people.  :-)

> 2) We get cheek.com to rename their site and make a press release giving
> "Linux Knoweldge Base" to us.

Would be nice if they decide not to cooperate.

> 3) Same as #1, but cheek doesn't purchase linuxkb from us.

Well we probably don't need both domain names...

> 4) We become linuxkb.seul.org or something else along those lines.  Again,
> we'd have to rename the site.

That wouldn't solve anything.  We already have linuxkb.  And we don't
want to be a subdomain of something else.

> 5) Once we go live, cheek.com redirects users to our site when they visit
> their LKB.

That would be nice.

6.  They just help us out and the projects merge.

*That* is what should happen...

RE: Jason's suggestion about calling ourselves "Linux KB"

That would work, if they don't decide to cooperate at all.  The company
I used to work for made an AS/400 product called Native Conversion
System.  It was commonly referred to as NCS.  Someone else had NCS
trademarked, so they just started writing out the full name.  I guess
that's the opposite of our problem, but the solution is equivelent.