Re: "Linux Knowledge Base"

I support that.  I can't sacrifice *that* much personal time.  My g/f is
already giving me the "you don't spend enough time with me" speech enough
as it is. :-)

On that note, Jason, what are our priorities to get the site operational?
We don't need the LBF.  We don't *need* a lot of things to get out in the
public eye.

What we need is a critical path- those sub-projects that are necessary for
us to go live.  Then we need people to "own" those projects.  We already
have CVS, the DB, and getting the VAR box operational "owned".  We need
someone to own:

Site design\gfx
Forms/CGI's for adding content
Data Conversion (RHLUFAQ, LDP, other FAQ's)
htdig
MySQL -> HTML queries
???

I'm willing to take the forms/cgi if no one else feels capable.  I will
need one other dedicated person to help code or it's going to take a long
time.  (Preferably someone with experiance with the DBI Perl module
interface.)  Lenz?  You sound like you have some solid script
capabilities with some DB experiance... :-)

I'll also need to work closely with the site designer, so someone needs to
take that responsibility ASAP.  If people are comfortable with my friend
Mike doing the design that's fine.  I'd like one other person to be a
sounding board for him though (he's just not getting enough feedback from
the list in general).  Micah, are you up for this?

I'll also get the box installed at NaviSite and have most of the
applications we need installed (I've already done it once).  Jason, I'll
get you root access ASAP and you can start working on user accounts, etc.

Gotta go...

- --
Aaron Turner           | Either which way, one half dozen or another.
aturner@pobox.com      | Check out the Red Hat Linux User's FAQ Online!
www.pobox.com/~aturner | http://www.pobox.com/~aturner/RedHat-FAQ/
All emails from this account are PGP signed.  Lack of a signature is "bad".
PGP Key fingerprint = FB E1 CE ED 57 E4 AB 80  59 6E 60 BF 45 1B 20 E8