Re: "Linux Knowledge Base"

"Aaron D. Turner" wrote:

> On that note, Jason, what are our priorities to get the site operational?
> We don't need the LBF.  We don't *need* a lot of things to get out in the
> public eye.

Yeah...  Those will be nice, but secondary.  Let's get the main stuff
online first!

> Site design\gfx
> Forms/CGI's for adding content

I can help with that.

> Data Conversion (RHLUFAQ, LDP, other FAQ's)
> htdig
> MySQL -> HTML queries

and that.

> I'm willing to take the forms/cgi if no one else feels capable.  I will
> need one other dedicated person to help code or it's going to take a long
> time.  (Preferably someone with experiance with the DBI Perl module
> interface.)  Lenz?  You sound like you have some solid script
> capabilities with some DB experiance... :-)

I've worked with Perl and PHP accessing Postgres, so assuming there's
good Perl DBI docs, I should be fine.  But if someone wants to get
started and write one, an example would be even better than the docs!
:-)

> I'll also need to work closely with the site designer, so someone needs to
> take that responsibility ASAP.  If people are comfortable with my friend
> Mike doing the design that's fine.  I'd like one other person to be a
> sounding board for him though (he's just not getting enough feedback from
> the list in general).  Micah, are you up for this?

I don't necessarily have a good eye for looks, but if he wants to run
things by me, that's fine.  I can be harsh though...if it's too big and
will take too long to load, that's what I'm looking for and I'll say it.