Re: New Advanced Search page

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Jason Pincin wrote:

> > Anyways, you can see the new advanced search:
> > http://play.linuxkb.org/advsearch.html
>
> Cool.  Looks like you fixed a bug of mine in that version of the page,
> where the bottom box section didn't always extend the whole way down with
> the side borders.  I think I know why but I'll look at how you fixed it.

BTW, for those that haven't noticed, I'm now managing the file via CVS.
http://dev.linuxkb.org/search/advsearch.html
The file on play no longer exists.

> I wanna hack around with it a little bit too... btw, what will the
> "Privacy Statement" entail?

Basically we have people signing up to submit articles, etc.  We need to
say that we won't give out the email addresses out to people or spam them,
etc.  Also if we ever impliment cookies, that we won't use that
information to track individuals, etc.  I am going to start on this
tonight so I should have something ready soon.

> Also, did you on purpose make the "Home" link red?  Did you have an idea
> there as far as letting people know where they were?  That'll have to be
> done somewhere else eventually if that's the case once the header/footers
> are in place.

That was the general idea.  The whole concept of a link that linked back
to the same page seemed kinda silly. :-)

> If we want to make that link bar dynamic I'll have to
> re-think how I was going to do the header/footers.  Lemme know.

I was only trying to demo an idea.  It's not critical enough to delay
development.

> Good work on fleshing out the site a little more over the weekend Aaron!
> Kudos.  Congrats on working succesfully with my code :)  I didn't think it
> was very readable yet.... I haven't commented it or anything :)  That is
> on my plate...

Actually once I opened it up in XEmacs and set all the borders to 2 so I
could see the table layout it was quite usable.  There was a few things
that you did that I didn't understand why you did them until I changed
it... and then quickly back to the way you did it.  :-)

- -Aaron