RAID Root

Mainly directed at Aaron but any suggestions welcome:

I'm trying to set up raid-1 root on a system here at work.  I've got 2.2.6
in place with the latest matching raid0145 patches, V0.90 of the
raidtools, detection of the raid devices at boot time is working fine...
but when I try to run lilo with a root=/dev/md0 or root=900 it comes back
and says: "Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0900".  Anyone
encounter this before?  Aaron?  If so please help :).  I'm giviung up on
it for the day... but I gotta get this box up... *sigh*  and I don't want
to forgo redundancy on my / partition.  :(

Thanks guys...

Jason