Re: Back in town

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 11:00:24AM -0800, Aaron D. Turner wrote:
> There's some confusion regarding how the new CVS implimentation works for
> the end user.  How we configure things on our end, and what/how we check

This will be explained on a page posted to the list whenever I get things
working in a usable manner.  Stay tuned...

> things out.  What policies are there for checking things back in and
> locking?

The dev-* modules will be freely modifyable, the tst-* modules will be usable
only by the module admins.  At least to start with, we will let CVS worry
about fixing conflicts.

> I noticed the marketing blitz too.  Definately sounds like a pre-emtive
> strike against us.

This may sound ominous, but it is like Linux vs MS in that there is really
nothing he can do to destroy our project, so I don't think we should really be
worrying about it so much.

> What's the status of Al?

Good question ;)

--