Plan? (fwd)

From: Aaron D. Turner <aturner@best.com>
To: Jason Pincin <jpincin@ashtech.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:53:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Plan?

Hey Jason,

Wondering what you plan to cover.  How did the meeting with Qwest go?  Did
you see that MS is investing $200M in them?  [I'm not saying because MS is
investing in them we shouldn't work with them btw.]

Anyways, some things I've been thinking:

1) We need to research what versions of all major apps we should run.
MySQL, Perl, PHP, Apache, Kernel, etc.  Should we go with "stable" or
"beta"?

2) We need some kind of development enviornment to code/test in.  This
means a web server, MyQSL tables, etc.  Exact copies of what's in
production.  Basically an anything goes place to play.  Probably goes on
the VAR box.

3) Would be nice to have a spec which people can use to install #1 on
their local systems so they can develop locally if they want.  (not all
people will have the system resources for this though)

4) Would be nice to have a small "core" developer group who could meet
more regularly (at least initially) to develop site specs (how each part
of the site interacts with others).  This will likely change rapidly
initially.  We'd keep the meetings short by limiting the focus and number
of people.

5) I'm beginning to work on preping the NaviSite site.  I'll need your
contact info + info for one other person from the team who will have "god"
status on the box.  Used for NaviSite calling us when there's a problem
with the box.

6) IBM status.  We've got 25" of usable space (height).  7" are used by
the VAR box, leaving about 18" for the IBM.  A rack mount would be
*really* nice to save space.

Well that's all for now... talk to ya tomorrow.

- --
Aaron Turner           | Either which way, one half dozen or another.
aturner@pobox.com      | Check out the Red Hat Linux User's FAQ Online!
www.pobox.com/~aturner | http://www.pobox.com/~aturner/RedHat-FAQ/
All emails from this account are PGP signed.  Lack of a signature is "bad".
PGP Key fingerprint = FB E1 CE ED 57 E4 AB 80  59 6E 60 BF 45 1B 20 E8