Re: Searching issue

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Aaron Turner wrote:

> Since last night we decided to go to a dynamic format, we're going to have
> to modify the way htsearch (the htdig CGI) is executed.

I take it here that we are using the cgi to do searches still?  Can sum1
get me up to speed on this?  How will this interface with php pages and
the simple and advanced search pages?

> We were going to generate different header and footers for the search
> results so that people wouldn't get "lost" and we could keep the look more
> linuxkb'ish.  Since now we can't make those files, they'll have to be
> generated on the fly.

	I thought that we had discussed a GET method for all of this, so
users could bookmark and what not.  Am I lost that we did not talk about
this?

> Anyways, I'm going to create a mod_perl wrapper for this.  I'd like to get
> some ideas from the group regarding the implimentation.

	This is for the php->searchcgi stuff right?

> 2)  The URL will contain the search params, so someone can bookmark the
> results page.

	This the the GET thing we had talked about right?

> 3)  Ability to keep the state of either simple or advanced search form UI.

	keep the state? cookies/ env variables passed to and from each
page.

-Bob
ccrider@whiterose.net
Systems Administrator for whiterose.net