Re: Still not good

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Aaron Turner wrote:

> System seems awefuly slow to me.  I'm afraid to do a remote reboot though.
> If anyone wants to poke around, feel free.

Whelp, found the problem, named didn't start.  The / filesystem needs a
good fsck'ng (probably should fsck them all) to fix the auto-start
problem.  named is running now, but it needs to be started manually.

> There's some wierd errors in
> the messages file about the raid, so I'm going to email the raid list.
> Maybe someone there can give me an answer.

Turns out the messages aren't errors after all, and are normal.

Anyways, to fsck /, you need to be in single user, which of course
necessitates me being on site.  I have to go to my dad's birthday party in
a few hours, so I'll have to go tomorrow morning before work or Tuesday
afterwork.   Not sure which I'll do yet, but I'm hoping tomorrow morn.

Later.