Re: IRC, My schedule, & more

Jason Pincin wrote:

> OK... here's the deal.  Obviously 10PM PDT fell through for all of us.
> I'm taking a laptop down to NC with me this coming week.  I should
> actually have a ton of development time down there.  I'll have nothing to
> do really 'cept attend class & code at night!  So I'm planning on getting
> a lot done.

That would be the case for me if I could get a Linux laptop and Net
access in Boulder (somewhat doubtfull).  I have a laptop - an IBM
ThinkPad 701 - but it has DOS, OS/2, and Win3.1 on it.  I guess that's
enough to write code assuming I could get a PPP hookup for the week, but
I wasn't really planning on paying anything for net access.

A year ago, I bought another laptop HD on which to put Linux, because
IBM says the HDs are easily swappable, but I never could figure out how
to get it in!  the HD that came with it is sealed into a container case
that goes into the laptop, and I can't find another one for my other
HD!  IBM has never had a clue about it.  If anyone is familiar with IBM
laptop hardware, I'd appreciate discussing this with them.  I'd LOVE to
get it resolved!

> Also, I've succesfully recruited the help of another VERY qualified
> individual to start assisting with this project... he's got a ton of DB
> experience, PHP, and all that good stuff.  He may have some Perl
> background... not sure.  I'm going to try to loop him in for the IRC meet
> this week and introduce him... he'll have a lot of questions for now...
> but he's got a good bit of time available right now to contribute.
>
> I think we'll be in MUCH better standing within the next week.

That sounds great!  I think we are making progress, and we should make
some more soon.