gEDA-user: Information on PCB

Ineiev ineiev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 10:08:06 EDT 2009

On 10/23/09, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> >    Settings.init_done = 0;
>> >
>> > -  if (Settings.ScriptFilename)
>> > -    {
>> > -      Message (_("Executing startup script file %s\n"),
>> > -	       Settings.ScriptFilename);
>> > -      hid_actionl ("ExecuteFile", Settings.ScriptFilename, NULL);
>> > -    }
>> > -  if (Settings.ActionString)
>> > -    {
>> > -      Message (_("Executing startup action %s\n"),
>> > Settings.ActionString);
>> > -      hid_parse_actions (Settings.ActionString, 0);
>> > -    }
>> > -
>> >    if (Settings.init_done == 0)
>> >      {
>> >        Settings.init_done = 1;
>>
>> Please consider removing Settings.init_done.
>
> It wasn't added (or needed to be altered) in the patch.. so I don't
> think it ought to be removed - at least not in the same patch.

What I meant is the code after patching looks like

Settings.init_done = 0;
if (Settings.init_done == 0)
  {
    Settings.init_done = 1;

Most probably you are right, the code around this variable calls for
another patch, however in this one the first line (with comment just
before it) is IMHO to go up with the rest piece of code.

And no, I'm not sure the patch will not break some GUI scripts; I
think necessary protection can be done with additional check similar
 if(gui->printer || gui->exporter).

Regards,
Ineiev