gEDA-announce: gEDA Binary Suite v0.0.2 released
ahvezda at moria.seul.org
Fri Mar 28 23:05:30 EDT 2008
I am pleased to announce the second official release (v0.0.2) of the gEDA
Binary Suite for x86 GNU/Linux. I fixed some reported installation issues
(thanks for all the reports) and I have linked this release on the gEDA
This binary suite has the following features:
* Should work on any GNU/Linux distribution released after
* Will not interfere with your distribution's executables and
* Installs and runs completely user space. Does not require
root access to install or run.
* Installation is a simple shell script and runs quickly.
* Uninstall is a simple recursive delete.
* Currently contains the following programs from the gEDA
- gEDA/gaf (gschem and friends) v1.4.0
- gerbv v2.0.1
- pcb (both the gtk+ and lesstif versions) v20080202
- xgsch2pcb v0.1.2
* Simulation packages will added at a later date
Be sure to read the README for installation information.
Last minute info: On some machines, the initial load and run of a suite
executable make take a little bit of time. Subsequent runs of the same
executable will execute much faster.
All comments to me,
PS. The md5sum for the tarball is:
More information about the geda-announce