gEDA-announce: gEDA/gaf 20060824 source tarballs released
ahvezda at seul.org
Fri Aug 25 22:16:14 EDT 2006
The stars, the moons, and the planets (minus one) have finally aligned
and I am pleased to announce the snapshot release of gEDA/gaf 20060824.
See the highlights of this release below.
Many thanks to everybody who contributed so much time and effort to
this release. I will be updating the gEDA website sometime tomorrow.
PS. Now that this release is finally done, I'm quite willing to entertain
radical (but good) patches. :)
* Updated libgeda's so version to 26:0:0.
* Fixed the infamous "slice" memory problem that was plaguing gEDA/gaf for
a while. Mixing malloc/free and g_malloc/g_free is a bad idea and also
setting a field in deallocated memory tends to upset glib's memory
* Added a new rc variable called "always-promote-attributes" that takes a
string of attribute names that are automatically prompted when a
component is placed on a schematic. The default list is:
"footprint device value model-name".
* Newly rewritten postscript output to be much more compact, sane. and
support unicode (Mike Jarabek).
* gschem now uses stock gtk+ icons if they are available (Tomaz Solc).
* Improved the robustness of the loading of symbols/schmeatics (Tomaz Solc).
* Added support for panning using the middle mouse button and controlling the
amount of pan (Peter Clifton).
* Changed the default behavior of the middle button (now mouse pan).
* Added cursor key panning in gschem and rc keywords for controling the
amount of pan (Tomaz Solc).
* Added the ability to zoom in and zoom out using the mouse wheel
* Added a bunch of new hooks to gschem and libgeda. This supports
various new features such as auto pin attributes, auto attribute placing
(currently commented out), select_component_hook, select_net_hook,
deselect_component_hook, deselect_net_hook, deselect_all (Carlos Nieves
Onega and Dan McMahill).
* Added support for dragging an object using the first mouse button in
gschem (Carlos Nieves Onega).
* Added the beginnings of pcb mode to gschem (Dan McMahill).
* Improvements to the autosave and backup mechanism (Carlos Nieves Onega).
* Added support for text overbars. The delimiter character is \_
(it should be at the beginning and end of the where you want the overbar
to be (Carlos Nieves Onega). Postscript output support for overbars
* Bug fixes to the auto save mechanism Carlos Nieves Onega). Please
report any more crashes.
* Fixed component update to work correctly since it was looking for
existing attributes in the wrong places.
* Converted all the noweb code to just plain C (making sure that all
the really nice documentation that Patrick and others is perserved).
gEDA/gaf no longer requires noweb to build (Jason Childs).
* Removed all pre-GTK 2.x code from gEDA/gaf (Peter Brett).
* Translation updates from various people.
* DRC2 backend bug fixes and improvements (Carlos Nieves Onega).
* Various bug fixes (Werner Hoch and others)
* Fixed annoying bug in which gattrib soaked up 70% of processor time
* Implemented ability to export CSV file of component sheet (Stuart Brorson).
* Made cell text different colors depending upon attribute visibility
* Applied patch to handle attrib strings with multiple = signs
(Stuart Brorson and Jeff Mallatt).
* Misc bug fixes (Stuart Brorson).
* Many symbol bug fixes and improvements (Werner Hoch and others).
* Improved the NC symbols so that the drc2 backend handles no connect
situarions better (Carlos Nieves Onega).
* Various bug fixes and improvements (Carlos Nieves Onega and others).
* gsch2pcb improvements dealing with how to find gnetlist executable
* Updated to the latest version of grenum (Levente Kovacs).
* Applied power pin handling patch (Patrick Doyle).
* Obsoleted all latex documentation and replaced it with a snaphot of
the gEDA wiki. Many thanks to David Hart for the conversion and
necessary support to make this conversion possible.
* No significant changes.
* The geda (gManager) source tarball is not longer being distributed.
All the code is still in the CVS repository, but due to lack of
maintanance, it has been pulled for these snapshot releases.
* Fixed various Makefiles to support make distcheck again.
* Lots of bug fixes by (Werner Hoch, Carlos Nieves Onega, and many
More information about the geda-announce