Re: [seul-edu] need detailed network advice

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Dave Prentice wrote:
> 1. How to set up NIS so I don't have to enter each user on each machine;

O'Reilly's book of DNS/NIS

> 2. How to set up one machine with 2 NIC's as a gateway for all the others to
> be able to access the Internet without losing contact with each other (it
> doesn't have to be a real secure gateway, because the school district
> already has 2 firewalls);
> 3. How to add more network printers. (Rick, I couldn't get to the machines
> today to get those printcap files -- will get back to you Tues.)

Look at O'Reilly catalogues.

> 4. How to set up old 486's as Xterms.

The same.

It's a three or four books solution.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Bing's Rule: Don't try to stem the tide -- move the beach.