[seul-edu] Presenting myself

Hello,

My name is Thomas Tempé (Tempe) alias Johnix.
I am a french cs student. I was on this ML last year, but I was unsubscribed
due to mail server problems during the summer.

I am here to keep in touch with what's going on in the Linux/edu world, and
because I still have the same ambitious project as last year: creating a universal
language-learning helper software with a centralized course repository allowing
for easy contribution and translation of educational material by users.
The project is called Pangée ( http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~ttempe/local ).

Last year, I had been developing the project as a cs course project, but with
inadequate tools and unwelcome constrains. This year, I will be partily
re-designing it, and by january, I should be able to make it a cs course project again,
but with less constrains, better tools and more people working on it.

I am looking for other people who would be willing to join the core development
team, because:
 1) I am now alone in that team :(
 2) I'd like to be able to discuss some matters with people who have a
different point-of-view
 3) It would keep me motivated to work on it.

This year, I am also approaching yet another field in Linux and education: as
Linux is getting more and more popular, we at the school's LUG are getting more
and more heavily engaged in educating the various populations of Linux users.
We're now concerned with training (ourselves and) people from the LUG on "in-depth"
linux matters, plus a lot of non-technical-minded students on more superficial
and affordable matters (as in "how do I install a GUI-based distribution to do
my C++ class projects on?").
I haven't seen a lot of traffic regarding such matters here last year, but when
I look at it, I feel that it would fit pretty neatly in the Seul-Edu goals...

As last year, I might not be making a lot of postings, but I will be an active
reader of the list ;)

Have fun,

Thomas Tempé

--
Mich's law:
If a string has one end, then it has another end.