Re: [pygame] Starting the pygame 2 series

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 10:39, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1.10 is a pretty nice color, however 1.10 sort of looks like 1.1

I know what you mean, but this is a very common pattern for software. I'm using Gnome 3.28 on the Linux kernel version 4.17, and I could list many more examples. It's well established that version numbers are not decimals.

1.9.5 looks pretty sharp in relation to 2, because it sort of looks like 1.95.
Apart from the confusing part of .10 numbering, changing all the issue labels and such would be annoying.

At least on Github, this is easy - just rename the existing labels/milestones. Maybe there are other systems in use where this would be more of a pain, though.