Re: Perl: CmdSchedule

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Jason Pincin wrote:

> OK Aaron.  Everything with CmdSchedule is the same, except I added one
> more field to accomidate what your saying.  It's called
> "NotificationAddresses", and will either be NULL/'', or contain a list of
> email addresses seperated by semi-colons.  If it contains information, an

Can we make that commas?  That way I won't have to do any conversion.
(Not that it's hard, but I don't see any need to use semi-colons when
commas will work as a seperator just as well).

> email should be sent to all addresses upon any type of failure in the
> script that is to be executed.
>
> Whether it contains a value or not, failed commands should trigger an
> email to a specified email address, which will be a list, such as
> KBCmdErrors@linuxkb.org or whatever... just lemme know and I'll set it up.

Yeah, set it up please.

> If you have any other thoughts, questions or comments before you start,
> you knw how to reach me.  :)

Let's see:

- Status doesn't have a "completed" flag.  Hence I assume completed jobs
are deleted.

- What's the difference between CmdID and CommandID ?

- Am I blind, but what is the field that stores the command to be run?

- What's TargetObjects?

> I'll prolly be working on this stuff for a few hours tomorrow (Friday)
> since I have off, so it'd be a good time to reach me.  It'll be early, as
> I'm going to Maryland to a cool theatre to watch end-of-days in the
> evening :)

Have fun.  I'll be on IRC most of the morning.

--
Aaron Turner, Core Developer       http://vodka.linuxkb.org/~aturner/
Linux Knowledge Base Organization  http://linuxkb.org/