Re: The recent changes

Answers in order:

1.  No.  We'll no longer be using connect.php3, unless you have a big
reason to do so.  Our goal is to functionize key parts like that.  In the
functions.php3 include, there is a connect() function.  You include
functions.php3 in your page and then set up your connection object simply
by doing:

$conn = connect();

If there's anything (such as roleID check) that needs to be added we can
place it in the connect() function, or into a seperate function (more
likely) such as rolecheck();

I've been wanting to talk to ya about this.  Lets get together on IRC and
have you explain to me certain sections of your include.

2.  Yeah... it's real easy if thats all you want.  I'm working on updating
the diagram, and the description of the tables.  If you want a dump of the
tables, just goto phpMysqlAdmin, click on linuxkb, click on "Structure
Only" or "Structure and Data" under "View dump of database", depending on
what you want - and check the "send" button so it'll shoot the dump
straight to ya.

3.  I sent out a list a short time ago, should be in the archives... I'll
see if I can find it in my outbox and re-send it to ya.

Jason

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 02:22:54PM -0700, Micah Yoder wrote:
> 1.  Is connect.php3 no longer supposed to select the user's DB session
> row?  I personally think that's a good place to do if, if $rolecheck is
> set
>
> 2.  New DB schema.  Would be good to have.  Isn't it a matter of just
> issuing a dump command from the DB?  Postgres can dump it like that.  I
> think I'll check into that myself.
>
> 3.  What areas are yet unassigned to developers?  I'd like to start
> working on them after I get the user stuff updated once and for all.
>
> Later!
> Micah
---end quoted text---