From: paull <paull@olm1.com>
To: rhlufaq@pobox.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:45:09 -0500
Subject: faq site

My name is paul lowman
I would like to offer a number of things
1. i can host the site if you desire, no h/d limits T1, blahblah
2. i have 10+years of unix, and for my needs, the level of q/a here is
to low for me, hence, i dont really find a use for me yet!
3. my questions and answers have come from hard fast experience, years
of falling asleep with the oreilly books, and many emails and calls to
rob kolstad, my old unix's president, and paul vixie himself.

I would like to participate in a high level capacity, such as answers to
questions, many many examples, and a lot of perl I have written to get
around/enhance standard things. let me know if my help could be used. I
have 5 boxes going online now, from redhat 4.0 to the new 5.2
apache, sendmail standard stuff, X, scsi, ide, blahblah, so I feel most
of what Ive already done could help.
I have taken keen interest in fighting hacking/security issues, and
automation of administration. Love to lend a hand.

I have 2 questions with no answers yet, if this gives an idea of where
Im at,
A. Ive been palying with afterstep, and it has messed up running top,
and i cant remember the name of the libraries needed to work with the
colored text, but if i look at re-installing trafshow, maybe i could
remember
B. when i had bsdi, add a new drive, run disksetup -i, newfs the drive,
mkdir and mount etc. off I go, but in redhat i cant find the answer. I
saw floppy issues, and the answer seemed lame, for dos/unix filesystem
support, beat that issue dead a while ago.
I saw the multiple ip schemes listed, they look, well, i dont know, I
just ifconfig
eth0:yy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and
route add -host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. eth0:yy
btw in bsd varieties, its ifconfig ethxx(or /dev/niccardname) alias
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 127.0.0.1

let me know if i can be of assistance, i send ya some scripts i wrote
for whatever help it offers