Re: DDJ article on web indexing in Perl

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Micah Yoder wrote:

> Anyone else get Dr Dobb's Journal?  The new issue has an article which
> presents a couple Perl programs to index a heirchy of HTML files.
> Looks simpler than I thought.
>
> Maybe not needed since we have ht://dig, but it might be worth a look.

Since ht://dig is only doing the searching, it might be usable for the
creation of the browseable index. OTOH, this could also be done by the
database... But maybe the routines for creating the hierarchical index are
worth a look.

Bye,
	LenZ

 Lenz Grimmer                                           SuSE GmbH
 mailto:grimmer@suse.de                       Schanzaeckerstr. 10
 http://www.suse.de/~grimmer             90443 Nuernberg, Germany