Re: The problem

"Aaron D. Turner" wrote:

> Anyways, Micah, I don't consider what I did a "fix".  It may work now, but
> it's not very useful in the real world (at least how we discussed
> earlier).

Actually I think it's just fine.  PHP can handle HTTP authentication,
and I think the "normal" Apache HTTP authentication was getting in the
way and not passing the appropriate values to PHP.

> Anyways, you still haven't told me why it doesn't work.  What does your
> script expect to be getting?  What does it not seem to be getting?  Can

The HTTP authentication username and password that you enter in the
little popup dialog box.  Before you turned it off, $PHP_AUTH_USER and
$PHP_AUTH_PW were both blank.  After you turned it off, they were set to
'micah' and my password.  I didn't modify the script at all!

So....  either we figure out a way for Apache to send the values to the
PHP script (should be possible, but I don't know how), or we turn off
mod_auth or whatever it is for the directory the PHP scripts are stored
in.  I *think* those are our only two options.