gEDA-user: Testing gEDA 1.5.4 for Gentoo-Linux

Hello,

I have started writing an ebuild (install script) for Gentoo Linux for
the upcoming gEDA 1.6.

Compiling is indeed really fast now due to parallel build, and the whole
installation process seems to be easier (when building from source, as
we do for Gentoo).

First remark:

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda154/gEDA-gaf-1.5.4 $ ./configure --help

  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld default=no

The above line is displayed twice.

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --without-stroke

I think for gEDA 1.4.3 we had --disable-stroke. Now --without-stroke and
-disable-stroke seems to be unrecognized. How can we disable stroke if
libstroke is installed, but we do not want to use it?

Currently we have --disable-gattrib (only for gtk+ 2.17.x ?) and
--disable-doxygen. Will we have similar for docs, symbols, gsymcheck,
examples in 1.6? Would be nice, otherwise we may have to delete at least
examples manually if the user do not want it.

Best regards,

Stefan Salewski