Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Level DRC DIscussion

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 14:32 -0800, Steve Meier wrote:
> In the official geda version I don't.
>
> In my stuff. Yep, heavily.
>
> I have scripts for loading existing nets lists into the eda library,
> other scripts for modifing the net based upon eco reports from pads.
>
> I am currently working on replacing the reading/writting of schematics
> and symbols with guile scripts.

I saw you mention that before, with some interest.. I'd suggested it to
Peter Brett over dinner last week, as a possibility to help support
different evolving file-formats, and for future import / export of non
"native" format files. I'm glad to see there is actually going to be
code to to this out there.

Do you have a guile API documented?

> >From my perspective this will allow a non-gui application to do every
> thing from translate files, update files (version changes), implment
> back anotation, run rule based design checks and generate net lists
> (flat or hierarchical) vhdl or spice.

Sounds like a good direction to go in, it matches up with how I wanted
to do online per "page" / "circuit" / (insert term here) net-listing in
libgeda, and use gnetlist as just an exporter plugin framework for that.
(Perhaps letting it take charge of merging a hierarchical design).

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,