Re: gEDA-user: slotting problem

> 	That's bizarre.  Can anybody else reproduce this behavior?
> On my box, I select the component, pick Edit/Slot..., type in the
> new slot number (2 for a 7474-1), hit okay, and boom, I get the pins
> to change.

Weird. I just tried it again to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Here's
what I did:
run gschem
click on "add component"
select 7400-1.sym
click in main window
close add component window
click on the 7400
select Edit menu, slot... (Edit slot number dialogue appears)
change slot=1 to slot=2, click OK

The pin  numbers don't change and if I edit attributes the slot number
hasn't been changed either. A bit more investigation shows that this
only applies to newly added components. That is, if I save the file and
exit gschem, then run it again, Edit/slot... now works on the 7400 I
added before, but if I add another one it doesn't work on that one.

Maybe it's my version? 20061020 built from sources. Or can I screw this
up with something in my gschemrc or gafrc file?