Re: gEDA-user: PCB: simple FreeType fonts implementation -- update?

On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:03:15 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> * scripted derivation of footprints from dedicated layouts.
> This is the footprint generation work-flow I currently prefer.

Could you elaborate on this footprint generation work-flow?

Are you saying that you draw the footprint pads with lines on
top/bottom copper layer, pins with vias, and silk with lines, then you
save a â.pcbâ layout file for your footprint rather than exporting to a
â.fpâ element file?  I could see this being more convenient for future
editing, but the .pcb file would not capture many aspects of the
footprint, such as the square-flag for pads/pins.

Regards,
Colin