Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Now consider a differential pair.  It's a line but you *don't* move
>> the *line* endpoints, you move the *pair* control points.
>
> That is a hard one.  You could define a composit of type "morphable" The
> endpoints of shapes inside such a composite become pointable/selectable,
> and a plugin can register callbacks to be called when such an endpoint
> is manipulated.  The plugin would check to see if a "diffpair" attribute
> is set, and decline the callback if not, so that the "magic_poly" plugin
> has a chance.

The "morphable" composits can also support lines with soldermask opening
and paste.  Maybe we call the "wires".  These composits allow to
manipulate endpoints of contained objects, where a plugin makes sure
that the stack of features representing the "wires" move together.

--
Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-85660
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508