Re: gEDA-user: Re: Looking for a project

On Saturday 31 March 2007 15:31, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> I'd vote for a floating, differntial input preamplifier for
> the oscilloscopes. This avoids the notorious ground loops
> that pick up all kinds of noise. An optional, decent
> amplification will be handy too. Sometimes analog signals are
> just too tiny to emerge from the input noise of the scope.
> The main benefit is the ability to measure floating voltages
> not referenced to common ground potential.

That is perfect for a starter.  The design is so simple that it
could be used as a homework assignment in a beginning
electronics course.  That is, low bandwidth, with op-amps.  A
wideband one would be more challenging.

The significant contribution here is to do the whole job, with
PCB layout, assembly procedure, test procedure, and make the
whole package GPL.