Re: gEDA-user: PCB patches

On Jun 8, 2009, at 3:15 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> Is __APPLE__ a safe check?  Is there any chance we'll trip over this
>> with a different OS on apple hardware or OSX on a different platform?
>
> Well, it's safe for non-Apply users, and those with Apples will have
> to figure out what they need.

It's safe.  __DARWIN__ would be bad as darwin can run on other hardware.

it you wanted to we could add the option key to the list of modifiers
and leave ALT alone,  but on OSX they are the same key.......

 From Apple's docs

__APPLE__This macro is defined in any Apple computer.
Note: To define a section of code to be compiled on Mac OS X system
you should define a section using __APPLE__.   they also talk about
__MACH__  be we don't care about MACH messaging.

In time this may change,  but us Apple folk will discover that it's
not working