Re: gEDA-user: Reacquainting to geda and pcb

   So you should have a .fp text file in a library for each footprint used
   in a design?
   If that's the case what are all the components in the pcb designer
   library and how are they used (not being wise, just wondering)?

   On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Stefan Salewski <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 16:19 -0500, Rob Butts wrote:
   > Thanks!
   >    So if I use a 1206 smt component I should set the footprint value
   in
   >    gschem to smt1206 or smt1206.ele?

     Generally use the file name, .fp can be missing.
     So 1206 or 1206.fp may be fine -- I use 1206.
     Of course these files should be in your library.
     You may consider doing DJ fine tutorial and maybe the wiki/wilson
     tutorial too.