Re: gEDA-user: gTag Status

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Stephen Williams wrote:

> awiggins@cse.unsw.edu.au said:
> > What compiler/assembly you using for the Cypress chips?
>
> The SDCC compiler.
>
> OK, so the Atmel part does have a USB interface. I'll look into it,
> but does the Atmel part support controlling (i.e. resetting, reloading
> and restarting) the micro from the host? That is, I think, a very
> significant advantage if the software for it is to be GPL.

	The part has 2 boot methods I think, external serial eeprom? and
download of code into the instruction SRAM from the USB port so yes :)

> But since I'm going to be using the Cypress part in me day job work,
> I'm going to need to be skilled in it anyhow. Sticking with that
> part allows me to combine this with some day-job time. So I'm biased:-)

	Sure, I'm not saying use it just have a look at it. I'm doing a
board with it but beyond the schematics I'm stuck till I get back to my
desktop (april) as my laptop OrCAD layout has died.
	If only I could find an open source PCB that will happily do my
work....

	Cheers Adam