gEDA-user: [News] gEDA for Windows success, by Brazilian group

To attempt to practice the publicity as written at geda.seul site, tasks section, we are making some job in Brazil.

Two weeks ago, after a successfully course performed, we released a version derived from gEDA-MinGw-20030921 snapshoot. They are advised that is just a BETA version.

We made some modifications, including our ABNT/IEEE norms compliant symbols library, and some gschemrc little adjustments (as 50 mils grid spacing ant text size=5).

In this meanwhile we are completing a hundred downloads today. Last month our site reached the 5900 visits mark. Downloading gEDA, PCB1.99j, and our translated users manuals.

We have here a good reflex from the course performed last month in a big local University.

Our goal now is to mount the CD based in Kurumin distro (a Knopix like distro) sponsored by some local electronics and PCB industries, to sent it to many new potential users. That sponsors will distribute this CD to their costumers as a gift and publicity material. And we will save some money to perform more courses and other public events.

This work is reaching Brazil, Portugal and more. Many people from many countries, I suppose that they are portuguese speech, are visiting our gedabr site very day.

See more details in (trough babelfish): Original is http://gedabr.projetos.etc.br/

The Brazilian group site:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=pt_en&url="">

The EDA SWs course performed: