Re: gEDA-user: hydraulic symbols and schematics

   You might find University of South Carolina 's VTB (Virtual Test Bench)
   software useful.  It is free to download (but seems to be closed source
   -- I couldn't find any details on the license).
   [1]http://vtb.engr.sc.edu/vtbwebsite/#/Overview
   It's intended for doing multidisciplinary simulations involving fluid
   flow, electronics, logic, microcontrollers and so on, with different
   solvers being used for different types of components in the
   simulation.  You can add your own solver, or write your own device
   primitives using existing solvers.  It includes components representing
   pumps, valves, digital logic, motors, space vector modulation
   algorithms,  vehicles, math functions, etc.     The interface is quite
   nice to use, too.
   As for the gschem / spice route -
   It occurs to me that if you want to simulate hydraulic systems, you'll
   have to keep track of both pressure and temperature of the fluid in the
   lines.  If each hydraulic line is represented by a single line in
   gschem, the netlister should convert it into two different nets in the
   spice simulation - one for pressure and one for temperature in that
   line.
   Also, take a good look at gnucap; it also has the flexibility of adding
   your own device primitives, which could be very useful for fluid
   systems.   I haven't tried it, but a simple primitive of the form
   "pressure drop = 0.5 * Cv * flow^2"  is probably much easier to
   implement in gnucap than in spice.

   Looking for the perfect gift?[2] Give the gift of Flickr!